Our client is widely regarded as one of the UK’s most innovative law firms. They are looking for a Full Stack developer to join the team that builds and implements new solutions used both by the firm and their wider client base. The client is working on some really unique projects right now, and there will be lots of exposure to areas such as data visualisations, machine learning and AI to deliver the benefits that the firm’s clients are demanding. This is a hybrid role requiring at least two days a week in the firm’s Manchester office.
- You’ll get to collaborate with Software Developers, Legal Technologists and Legal subject matter experts to design and build high quality and innovative legal technology solutions. You’ll assist and support Legal Technologists and junior developers with coding activities and provide guidance as to industry best practice.
- You’ll assist and advise on the integration of internally developed, externally developed and commercial off the shelf applications.
- You’ll plan, prioritise and schedule individual workload in conjunction with the IT Software Development Manager and I< Management team.
- You’ll assist the team to identify and evaluate candidate technologies and platforms, building prototypes and proofs of concept. You’ll be evaluating new technologies, suggesting improvements & keeping our stack, pipelines & processes at the cutting edge.
- You’ll be willing to deliver at pace and with flexibility to changing client requirements with the aim of delighting our clients.
- You’ll get the opportunity to demonstrate solutions to technical and legal user audiences of all levels up to and including senior management.
- You’ll have the opportunity to design and develop appropriate components, APIs and libraries to promote reuse.
- You’ll provide appropriate technical documentation and adhere to the IT department’s processes and practices.
- You’ll get to follow best software development practice ensuring that code is documented, peer reviewed and adheres to the firm’s standards.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Full Stack Software Development
- Software Architecture and Design
- Building and consuming API’s ( e.g. RESTful / SOAP)
- Integrating complex and disparate applications/technologies
- Database / Repository Design
- Release and Deployment – including continuous integration, automated build technologies
- Software Development Lifecycle toolsets (e.g. TFS/JIRA) and Methodologies ( e.g. Agile/SCRUM)
In order to succeed the successful applicant will need understanding and technological experience of:
- Web development (HTML / CSS)
- Rest API/ Web services (both design and consumption)
- GIT Source Control including understanding of branching and pull requests
- Microsoft C# .NET
- JSON , XML , XSLT
- Exposure to/or understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology
- Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL programming and Relational Database design
If you have any experience of the following great, but they are not essential:
- Development in SharePoint/HighQ or similar content management/extranet systems
- Emerging technologies e.g. RPA, Machine Learning, AI
- Cloud development ( Azure/AWS)
- Analytical and system design experience
- Power-BI or similar data modelling/visualisation frameworks
If you have any questions or wish to apply for this role, please contact email@example.com