This is a 12 month FTC (with the opportunity to progress to a full time hire if all goes well) with a top global law firm. A largely technical role, they are looking for someone with a legal background and a strong working knowledge of HTML to join a team dedicated to the digitisation of contracts. Ideally suited to a paralegal or someone seeking a training contract to work for a highly prestigious firm and gain exposure to their stellar client base. If you have an additional European language, even better. You will need to spend at least two days a week in the London office.
You will work closely with lawyers, product managers and developers to redefine traditional legal processes. You will take the lead on digitising clients’ legal documentation for the firm’s platform, from initial scoping to final delivery. As your role develops, you will work directly with high-profile clients to understand their legal needs and help them make the most of the firm’s technology.
Key responsibilities and challenges:
- You will work with lawyers at the firm and externally to extract legal logic from complex documentation and processes.
- You will identify high-value data points in contracts, and work with product managers to design intuitive ways to capture them.
- You will use a combination of coding languages (JSON and HTML) and the firm’s proprietary tools to create digital versions of legal documents.
- You will digitise contracts from end-to-end, transforming them from static documents into interactive tools for lawyers and non-lawyers alike.
- Creating change: As your role develops, you will work directly with clients to help them get the full benefit of the firm’s platform.
What we are looking for:
- Mission-driven: You are excited by the potential of technology to change legal practice
- Technically proficient: You recognise that your ability and willingness to develop these skills is an important part of what will make you successful in your role.
- Independent: You can take ownership of projects and drive outcomes with minimal supervision. Whilst you are proactive and practical, you are not afraid to ask for help when you need it
- Team player: You can work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals. You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and enjoy delivering outcomes as part of a motivated and diverse team.
- You may not be a qualified lawyer, but you have a very good understanding of legal documents and drafting from your study or previous employment.
- Your skills are those of a legal professional – you have excellent attention to detail, commitment to high levels of client service and an ability to work under pressure.
- You’re already familiar with programming languages such as JSON and HTML.
- Knowledge of other European languages would be highly advantageous for this role
Salary commensurate with an entry level role. For more information, contact email@example.com