A prestigious corporate law firm is looking to hire a bright individual with a desire to build a career in LegalTech and Innovation. Working as part of a dynamic team at the heart of the firm, working closely with the C-level sponsor, you will have an opportunity to shape the practice of law from within an award winning innovation team.
You’ll hone your skills using artificial intelligence, collaborative technologies, document automation, process automation & robotics, expert systems, data visualisation, project management tools and a host of other legal technologies in a variety of internal and client-facing contexts. You’ll be involved in developing, prototyping and rolling out digital solutions for our clients. You’ll explore new tools and technologies and consider their potential use by the firm and our clients. You’ll provide advice and support to our teams and our clients on our legal technology solutions, as well as promoting a culture of innovation across the firm by participating in, and facilitating, design and ideation workshops, training sessions and forums.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- supporting the development, implementation and management of digital solutions for clients;
- using the firm’s artificial intelligence software, Kira, assisting with administering projects and training the AI;
- implementing legal technology solutions using HighQ Collaborate and configuring existing sites;
- creating and updating automated precedents using the firm’s document automation software, Contract Express;
- assisting in exploring new innovative technologies and considering their potential use by the firm;
- providing advice and support to users on how to use our technology solutions and platforms;
- helping to test and maintain the firm’s legal technology systems, in particular when new features/functionality are added to these systems;
- helping to create and keep up-to-date user guides and training materials (including e-learning) on how to use the firm’s legal technology systems;
- supporting fee earner collaboration and engagement with our technologies and promoting an innovation culture across the firm, including assisting with workshops, training sessions and attending meetings as appropriate;
- running statistical usage reports and analysis of the firm’s legal technology systems; and
- pro-actively communicating between the legal technology & innovation, knowledge and informationteams and practice areas.
Ideally the candidate will have:
- a keen interest in legal technology and its application to legal practice and be able to demonstrate the motivation and initiative to develop a solid understanding of the firm’s work and its client base;
- 1-2 years’ experience of legal technology in action (either in a law firm or in-house legal team) and use of core legal technology systems including HighQ Collaborate, legal based machine learning tools such as Kira, RAVN and Luminance and document automation tools;
- a strong academic record, with a minimum 2:1 degree (or equivalent higher education) in any subject;
- an organised, meticulous and methodical approach to work and a keen eye for detail;
- a passion for a challenge with the ability to thrive on problem solving and analysis;
- an aptitude for using technology and be highly computer literate, including familiarity with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and typical office IT systems generally; it is preferable (but not required) to have a basic knowledge and grounding in HTML and CSS or other front-end development languages;
- excellent written and oral communication;
- the ability to be self-motivated, disciplined, take a pro-active stance, work flexibly and independently following appropriate instruction or in a team, and take responsibility for the work product delivered;
- a forward thinking approach to identify opportunities for solutions;
- a positive “can-do” attitude with the ability to work with complicated and unfamiliar concepts;
- effective time management skills, in particular the ability to follow deadlines, manage priorities and report on progress to other members of the team;
- ability to understand instructions and ask for clarity when necessary; and
- a good communicator, able to gain the confidence and trust of, and build strong relationships with, internal colleagues and clients quickly.
To apply for this role, please email email@example.com