A leading international law firm is looking to add to its growing LegalTech team. The team will be based in the firm’s Birmingham office but travel to other offices will be required occasionally. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the UKs largest law firms just as they begin to build their LegalTech team from the ground up.
• Working closely with our lawyers develop a deep understanding of legal work and existing processes in order to advise and assist them with the implementation of legal tech tools which best meet the requirements of our lawyers and enhance our client service delivery.
• Providing insights on legal market and technology trends and investigating new solutions and technologies, to ensure we better address the challenges faced by lawyers.
• Building strong relationships with our lawyers across various specialist areas.
• Assisting in undertaking continuous improvement projects and designing new methods of delivery using technology, to refine (or redefine) processes which create efficiencies and which deliver against our clients expectations.
• Balancing client needs that demand immediate solutions with our longer term strategic aims to ensure the best use of existing solutions and identification of opportunities for new solutions.
• Promoting the use of our existing legal tech to our lawyers and encouraging innovative uses.
• Assisting in integration, configuration or further customisation of existing solutions.
• Identifying requirements for new solutions.
• Assisting with the introduction and embedding of new legal technologies.
• Delivering training, presentations and demonstrations to our lawyers and clients.
• Assisting in the preparation and deliver of pitches to clients.
Skills and experience:
• Able to problem solve and design innovative solutions to achieve the lawyers and clients desired outcomes.
• Ability to communicate effectively, build relationships and clearly articulate and explain legal technology solutions benefits in non-technical terms.
• Strong organisational skills and an ability to prioritise and complete simultaneous projects.
• Knowledge of technology and IT literate including in MS Office.
• Educated to degree level in a Law or Computer Science discipline or equivalent(Legal training preferred).
• Previous legal experience (fee earning) or legal technology experience.
• Experience of and interest in new and emerging technologies such as AI/machine learning,
automation/RPA and collaboration platforms
• Experience using legal tech solutions such as Luminance, Kira, HighQ, Contract Express etc